Friday, September 25, 2009

Flu has hit!

Sorry ladies but the flu has hit my family. It has been crazy. So I am back and coming back strong. But I have a family strong recipe to help you get into the winter mood! My mother's chili recipe that has been passed down her family. This is my comfort food during those cold months. It is cheap to make, and it works great to make a double batch and freeze half for an easy meal later. You can also freeze it in small containers for fast lunches.

Mom’s Chili
2 cans pinto beans
½ large onion chopped
½ green pepper chopped
1 lb ground beef or venison or ground turkey
14.5 oz can tomatoes (I use diced)
8 oz tomato sauce
1 ½ tsp salt
Dash: Paprika
Dash cayenne pepper
3 whole cloves
1 bay leaf
1 - 2 tsp chili powder

Brown onion, green pepper, and meat in a pan. Throw in crock pot and add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasonings. Simmer 2 hours adding water if needed. Add beans, heat completely and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment