Friday, February 4, 2011

Trying to be healthy

Wow! I cannot believe it has been a year since I posted last. It has been another crazy year. We have started to remodel the house, and now both of my children are in school. I apologize for not posting. I am getting on track and plan to post daily.

So for today's post lets focus on a new recipe. My family and I are trying to make all healthy choices and make this new year a slimmer one. So I am on the search for new recipes to try and come up with a few of my own that are cheap yet healthy. So here is two of my new experiences to share with you. First I tried the Banana Soft Serve, and I did not like it. It needs something to off set the texture, so I will play with it and let you know if I find something I like.

Second, I found this recipe that made my whole family eat in silence. Trust me, if my 6 year old son is too busy eating to talk that means it is a huge hit! Two cups each were enough to fill both my husband and I. I served them with salad and steamed broccoli. So I will post the recipe and also include the link on the bottom of the page.

Cheesy Chicken Cups

Ingredients

    1 can Buttermilk Biscuits (10 biscuits)
    1 cooked chicken breast, cut into small pieces
    1 can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
    2/3 c. FF Shredded Cheddar Cheese
    1 TBS dried parsley flakes
    1/2 tsp. black pepper


Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Place each biscuit into a muffin pan. Press the biscuits into the holes (and up the sides) to form cups In a bowl, combine chicken, soup, cheese, parsley, and pepper. Mix well. Spoon evenly into cups.

Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Weight Watchers Points:
2 chicken cups: 5 points
3 chicken cups: 7 points

Number of Servings: 10

Link: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=83185

No comments:

Post a Comment