Friday, October 2, 2009

No More!

I have neglected myself for too long. I have allowed myself to get fat, out of shape, and have dedicated myself 1100% to my family. The problem with giving them 100% is that I feel run down, neglected, and taken for granted. So when my wonderful husband signed us up for the gym I jumped on it. Today is day 2 of working out, and I already feel better. There is nothing like getting away from the kids for an hour a day and putting that time into improving myself. I so want to look nice at that elegant Christmas party for his work. I want to be the trophy wife that he is proud to show off. I know it won't be perfect this year, but it can be better than last year.

So ladies do not let yourself go. It is too easy to forget that if we do not take care of ourselves we do not have the energy or good emotional place to take care of others. Take an hour, or even just hlf an hour and do something for yourself. I read at night, but I am too tired to enjoy it. Now I work out in the morning and I carry that energy through the day. As Nike would say, 'Just Do It'!

The cleaning chore for the week is the closets. Clean them out completely, Shelves, Droors, walls, and every nook and cranny.

No comments:

Post a Comment