Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Child Care

There are so many experts on how to raise your kids, and things change on a regular basis. To be honest I have one set of ideas that I find help make the household a nicer place to be and the kids really respond to. I will not get into too much detail today, but I will give you a basic outline of Love and Logic.

Love and Logic teaches kids through empathy not anger. It also teaches kids with real world consequences while the prices are still small. Give them lots of choices, use empathy instead of anger, and let the consequences teach them. Love and Logic is hard to break down into a quick overview, but do a little research and you will love the rewards. It is amazing how my kids respond when I am empathetic (even when I have to fake it) rather than angry. The Love and Logic Institute can give you the tools to deal with any age, and almost any circumstance. You can visit them at www.loveandlogic.com. If you do not want to buy the books right away look into your local papers. In my area there are seminars and events taking place almost every week for free or for small fees. Also talk to your schools since most have implemented Love and Logic into their daily discipline.

Now if you will please excuse me I feel an 'energy drain' coming on strong . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment